Upcoming Events for prayer consideration
After the film, The Big Picture's Mark Hadley and The Edge's Justine Toh will be on a panel to discuss the history and themes brought about by the film.
Please pray for the evangelistic opportunities of this event as we challenge people to consider the joy of the season and the real 'inventor of Christmas.'
Synopsis: Based on the book by Les Standiford, THE MAN WHO INVENTED CHRISTMAS tells the story of how Charles Dickens (Dan Stevens from TV’s Downton Abbey) actually revived the holiday of Christmas with his self-published novel, A Christmas Carol. Facing pressure with looming debt, a feckless father (Jonathan Pryce) and recent critical failures, Dickens confront his past by conjuring up fantastic characters including Ebenezer Scrooge (Christopher Plummer), for his now classic Christmas tale. Full of wit and warmth, THE MAN WHO INVENTED CHRISTMAS will bring out the holiday spirit in everyone.
Most of us have mixed feelings about Christmas. There’s the fun, feasting, and family part. But there’s also the running around, the busyness and those ugly Christmas jumpers. We also sense that there should be more to my life than mere survival.
Pray for Sam Chan as he shares what life would be like without Christmas and how we might need it more than it needs us. This is an evangelistic talk to conclude the season of talks in the city. This is an extension of The Edge ministries.
Speaker: Sam Chan is a global citizen - born in Hong Kong, studied Medicine in Sydney, got his PhD from Chicago. Just like you, he senses that our world has changed - we work more, but are less happy. Sam loves helping people rediscover the joy that comes from faith, spirituality, and the Christian tradition. But he also knows that Australians don't want to be too serious. That's why Sam has discovered humorous ways to talk about the important issues in life.
Family prayer requests and praises for the rest of the year
- Successful conclusion to The Edge ministries for 2017 and plans for the 2018 season
- The announcement that Hope and Matt Gibb are expecting thier first child and our first grandchild in February
- Growth of the Bible Study Fellowship, SRE and Reel Dialogue ministries in 2017
- Wisdom with plans for the ministry efforts for City Bible Forum and Rouse Hill Bible Church in 2018
- The Lord would bless the plans and wedding of Becca and Warrick
- Wisdom and direction for Joshua in the US (Provision of a car)