The new year brings new possibilities and exciting opportunities for ministry in Australia. City Bible Forum, Reel Dialogue, Rouse Hill Bible Church, Scripture classes and Bible Study Fellowship have moved into ministry mode and we could use your prayers.
Just a friendly reminder that Australia is at the end of summer and this is when all things begin afresh. After Australia Day on 26 January, the country comes back into the reality of work, school and ministry work. Not that these things stopped during the summer, but Australia Day is like the 're-set' button. People get back to life and we hope to be in the thick of it all.
Here are the prayer points for the first few months of the year:
The Conversation: Change your mind, change the world
Venue: Dendy Opera Quays
Cost: $25 per attendee
Frequency: Once a month, One hour (During school term) Mar, May, June, Aug, Sept, Oct, & Nov
Preferred times and nights: Straight afterwork; 6-7:30pm; Thursday
Format: TEDtalk style with Q&A
- Multiple speakers on the same topic.
- Two speakers on the same topic with an interactive Q&A at the end
- Both speakers having 15 minutes to communicate their position
Reel Dialogue has been an exciting new initiative at City Bible Forum. Thank you to all who have been supporting us throughout the years.
We have had an unprecedented number of events in the last few years and we are looking forward to more in 2017.
Silence is the next Reel Dialogue screening. (It is at capacity) We have screenings in Perth, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney.
Due to the length of the film, we are not able to have a panel discussion after the film, but that does not mean we cannot discuss the themes of the film.
Here is your opportunity...
We are going to introduce a new initiative - Take 2
What to expect:
- Table discussion on film, faith and the bigger questions of life
- Experts in the field discussing themes
- Explore the Biblical applications to the themes
- Coffee and drinks
- Caroline begins High School - We do not have middle school, which means our year 7 student begins her venture into high school
- Joshua internship at Saylorville Church - Josh is spending his gap year in the US. He will serve alongside the sound and technology team at Saylorville.
- Hope and Matt celebrated their first anniversary
- Hope and Becca began the new year of teaching