Ministries in Australia
We are looking forward to sharing the ministry opportunities in Australia. Hope you are able to come along to hear mire about these exciting groups.
The vision for the church-
- Our church has a very simple and joyful style of worship. On a typical Sunday, our service will last for about one hour and it will be a mixture of songs, Bible reading and Bible teaching. Our format works really well for young families and there is always space on “pram alley” along one side of the room.
- Because we are a nondenominational church, you won’t find anyone dressed in special clothes and we try not to use words and phrases that are hard to understand if you are new to Christianity.
- We are an evangelical church. What this means is that we love and follow Jesus Christ as he is described in the Bible. We’re a community that is interested in spending time with each other – you might find us enjoying a picnic together at Rouse Hill Regional Park, at the movies, or at a local NRL game.
At this point it could be helpful to clear up the most common misconception about Christianity. Most people have some connection to Christianity either through their family background or through school scripture classes. You may think that the point of Christianity is to try and live your life in such a way that the good things that you do outweigh the bad things that you do
Unfortunately, this is not a true understanding of what it means to be a Christian. To be a Christian means understanding the fact that there is something that separates us from God and that there is nothing that we can do to fix the problem.
Because we can’t fix the problem, God sent his only son Jesus Christ to live a perfect life and then to die in a sacrificial act so that his death covers what we have done.
We believe that Jesus defeated death and rose again in triumph. What we have to do is to believe in Jesus and live in the reality of what he has done for us.
Simply put, our vision is to be a place where people can learn more about Jesus and a community which loves one another and tells others about what Jesus has done.
City Bible Forum is a partnership of Christians working together to proclaim Jesus Christ to People working Australia's major business districts. We have ministry teams in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney.
Why does it exist?
- Over 500,000 people work in Sydney's major business districts (Over 1.5 million in business districts across the country)
- The workplace is a great place to get to know people and to talk to them about Jesus
- Christians need help and encouragement to make the most of these opportunities
The Sydney Prayer Breakfast is an annual event for Christians to pray for the city of Sydney. The organising body is the Sydney Prayer Breakfast Limited.
Thank you for your support and prayers.
Check out the links and the ministries and come along to hear more details of the work being done in Australia.