(Reminder: Spelling is Australian and all highlighted words should be links to multi-media) Money Talks
August was an incredible month of ministry and we are looking forward to new opportunities in September.
We had the best attendance of any Forum with the GFC2: Have we learnt anything yet? (check out the video link)
Panelists: Ross Gittins (Editor for the Sydney Morning Herald), Richard Denniss, Simon Pillar, Tim Harcourt and Oliver Greeves.
It was a great discussion and it lead into a great series from Al Stewart on Money Talks. Four talks on the words of Jesus and money.
Money talks lead to souls saved...
Who would think that talks on the biblical application of money would lead to someone coming to the Lord? But with the Lord, it happened. One of our regular attendees to City Bible Forum invited one of his work colleagues to come to the talk series. Joanne came along for all four talks and then prayed at the end of the series to accept Christ as her Saviour. Pray for Jo and her new journey with Jesus.
We are excited about the upcoming Men's event on 22 September at Glorious Hope Baptist Church. One of the teachers, Glenn Pynne, at our children's school is a former paralympian (Weight lifting, volleyball and canoe). He is going to share his testimony and his experience in the Paralympics. We are already overbooked for the venue. So, pray for the opportunity, the logistics, and that the Lord may be introduced to many of the men coming along.
Would Australia be better under Sharia Law?
Some might get offended by the question, some do not even know what it means and yet it is apart of the world discussion. The Australian media continues to interact with this discussion and people are not clear on what the implications mean for Australia. Instead of complaining about it, we want to engage the topic and introduce the biblical position on the discussion. Please pray for the Forum on this topic and the three week series Christianity & Islam: A comparison in opposites.
Thank you for your support and prayers.
1. Amazing opportunities and souls saved through the city ministries
2. Hope and Rebecca graduate in December, wow, I can remember holding them in my hand when they were born
3. Russ' parents coming in December
1. Evangelistic event in city on 20 Sept, Ernst and Young In House event
2. Men's evangelistic event on 22 Sept
3. Planning for 2013 ministries
4. 'Would Australia be better under Sharia Law?' Forum - That we handle the publicity and discussion respectfully. Also, that many non-Christians will come.
5. Current series at CBF: What would you die for? Daniel series
6. Russ speaking in 1 Corinthians at Glorious Hope
7. Our churches would be willing to assist in our support deficit by considering a 5% increase in our monthly support
The adventure continues...