This will be our last furlough update, the next update will be from Australia. In less than a week and we will flying home. We have had a great time with our supporters, friends & family at the Australian BBQ on the 27th (good turn out, especially with all of the play-off games going on in Iowa) and at First Family Church on Sunday. In the mean time we will be assisting with other events and packing to go. The last opportunity for us to see many of you will be at Saylorville Baptist Church on Sunday, 31 October during the am & pm services, for details go to www.saylorvillebaptist.com.
Thanks for all who have asked to get together with us. We would encourage any of you to come to Saylorville for some time with our family. If we are unable to see you during this time in the US, we will look forward to seeing you on our next furlough in four years.
Projects to work on & prayer requests:
- Speaking at a youth event (Mt. Pleasant @ Calvary Baptist - 30 October)
-Funds for 2 new laptop computers - Our computers need an upgrade to keep up with the demand of the city ministry (Approx. cost :$800 -1000 per computer)
- Assistance with shipping of 2 donated, rebuilt desk top computers for city ministry ($350/computer - we have a portion of this raised) We cannot ship them with our luggage on the plane with us due to the x-ray systems.
- Funds for 1 new laptop & 1 new desktop for family needs - Ours are in need of replacing at home
- Funds for a small vehicle to assist in travel needs for future ministry. (ex. Toyota Corrolla) Have you ever thought of donating your current vehicle for ministry needs?
-Direction and funding with church plant in Sydney; we have the opportunity for new church plants in 2011 - Our goal is to raise $5000 or more for this fund.
That is it for now. Thank you for your prayers and support. We hope to see you at the churches.
If you will not see us at the churches, here is how you can support us monthly, increase your support or with a one time gift.
It is easy as 1-2-3
1. Go to www.abwe.org and click on the GIVE tab (It is in the upper right corner in an orange box) 2. Put in our name and the amount & follow the instructions 3. Our account number is 0132363
Thanks for the questions and the support.
The adventure continues… Russ, Cathy, Rebecca, Hope , Joshua & Caroline